Viva Aerobus is Latin America’s lowest cost airline, with the youngest fleet in the region, and proudly among the fasted growing carriers in the world.
10 years ago, few people in Mexico could afford air travel, instead opting for cheaper alternatives, like long distance bus services, to travel between cities.
On November 30, 2006, we inaugurated our first flight, departing from Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, and arriving in Leon, Guanajuato. From that moment on, Viva Aerobus became the first truly ultra-low-cost carrier in Mexico.
Advance Purchase Seat Options
1. Advance seat selection Economy
- $10 for middle seats per person each way.
- $15 for aisle and window seats per person each way.
- If seats are not selected in advance, they will be selected for you by the airline at no cost at check-in.
2. Preferred seating
Exit row and seats towards the front are available for $25 per person each way.
3. Preferred Plus Seating Bundle offering $45 per person each way.
- Seats in the front rows of the coach cabin with extra legroom
- One free checked bag ( Up to 50 lbs )
Each person is permitted one carry-on and one personal item. Personal item (purse, laptop, bag, etc.) – must fit under seat in front of you. Carry-on item (maximum dimensions 7.87in x 15.74in x 21.60in).
First Checked bag Roundtrip fee: $39 in advance or $50 at airport Dimensions not to exceed 62” in overall length, width and height; maximum 50lbs.
There is a $50 fee for bags weighing over 50lbs. (non-refundable/per person/round trip)